Fiesta Macumba is a club night based in Amsterdam, presenting you the best music Latin-America has to offer, from the old to the new, from the classics to more experimental styles. This means long nights of shaking booties and moving hips to exotic tunes and surprising mixes. From powerful pachanga and mestizo to banging baile funk, reggaeton and cumbia… Resident DJ’s Rodrigo and Poto Peludo and host MC Mauro (TenTemPiés) are guaranteed to get the dance floor steaming hot!
Every now and then live latin bands and guest DJ’s come along to add their own ingredients to the mix and spice it up. In the past few years Fiesta Macumba invited impressive national and international acts such as Molotov (MEX), La Raíz (ES), Gustavo Cordera (AR), Keko Yoma (CL), La Familya (FR), Matanza (CL), TenTemPiés, Pistoleros de la Paz, Son 5 and KUMBIA.CL, and DJ’s like Tommi (BalkanBeatz, 108 Moombahton), mps PILOT (22tracks.com), Beat Tha Calaveras (DJ Tommi x DJ Dandy J), Mickster (¿Que Pasa?, Estereo), Cruzito (Estereo), El Buho (Fantastica), Makina (Fantastica), Green Pepper Boy (Antartek Records) and Florita.
Fiesta Macumba started several years ago at Pakhuis Wilhelmina, then moved to Bitterzoet, appeared at Paradiso, De Piek (Middelburg), Latin American Film Festival (Utrecht) and settled in Winston Kingdom for a while where it became a weekly event. For the summer of 2013 Fiesta Macumba has found its new homebase at Noorderlicht in Amsterdam.
Fiesta Macumba posts
- Fiesta Macumba becomes weekly club night
- Molotov & TenTemPiés on 4th anniversary Fiesta Macumba
- Fiesta Macumba closes the year in style
- Fiesta Macumba on November 17th
- Fiesta Macumba presents: TenTemPiés
- Fiesta Macumba celebrates Dia de los Muertos
- Fiesta Macumba continues at new location
- Fiesta Macumba celebrates 3-year anniversary with Matanza
- Manuel Gatti & Fiesta Macumba DJ team at LAFF
- CD presentation TenTemPiés June 15 in Paradiso
- TenTemPiés & Fiesta Macumba at Bevrijdingsfestival